Really Dumb



CO stands for Carbon Monoxide. It is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is produced when something is burned. It is really dangerous because it can make you sick if you breathe it in. An example of this would be if you were in a car and the engine was running but the exhaust pipe was blocked. This would cause Carbon Monoxide to build up inside the car, and if you were to stay in the car for a long time, then you could get sick from all of the Carbon Monoxide. Another example is if you were to build a fire inside your house. If the smoke from the fire doesn’t have a place to go, then the Carbon Monoxide from the smoke could stay inside the house and make it dangerous to breathe in the air. Fun Fact: Carbon Monoxide can be used to make carbon dioxide, which is used in photosynthesis and helps plants grow.